Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm back

A special thank you to my friend shana who made a guest appearance post to my blog.
That was fun. Maybe I can return the favour some day.
I am starting to get the hang of teaching again. It's really tiring though.
The girls are all so excited to see me again and it's hard to be smiley and happy all the time around them! But they are quick to notice if you're not. This semester I have the oldest grade (grade 9) once a week, which is a little stressful. Last year I had the youngest ones and it was much easier because I could teach them anything, now I have curriculum guidelines and textbook material to follow more closely. Yuck.
Example of grade 9 dialogue:
"Hodong missed his appointment again."
"Really?"
"Yes. It really makes me mad." (repeat this dialogue up to 10 times with different tables of girls and repeating after me and repeating after a recording)
Then I have to talk with them about things that make them mad... not necessarily the most important of things to be learning of the language! haha. Especially since some of them say, "English!"

We have a new principal and Vice principal this year and the other teachers are really stressed with extra workloads given to them, so that is tough on the moods of many of the teachers. Hopefully things will lighten up once they are here for a month or so.

The great thing about this time of year is that strawberries are in season - in Korean greenhouses anyway...and there's been plenty juicy sweet berries to enjoy!!

This weekend was a really fun break with decorating t-shirts for the concert tomorrow on friday night at Shana's. On Saturday we went to the Dongnaemun market area. We saw the gate there too.


We met up with Maria and Nate and maria's mother and a friend of hers that came to visit. We had lunch together at an Indian restaurant. Definitely cleared the nasal passageways!! It was really tasty though!
We are all in a little lighter of moods now because of the weather, it's allowing us to get excited about venturing out of our apartments and into new areas of Korea and plans for other countries too possibly.
I also got my hairs cut this weekend! It's a bit shorter than I've had for awhile, but it's nice and light and not too difficult to maintain! :) Oh, and I'm really bad at taking self pictures. Gonna have to get tips from shana! Have a good week everyone!


STAY TUNED for more than you're probably gonna want to see and hear about the Celine Dion concert tomorrow NIGHT!!! YEAH!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dear! Nice hair cut! That is shorter than you have had for quite a while. I still miss the curls though! :) Have a wonderful time tomorrw night!!! I hope you wont be..."Too excited to sleep"
Love you! Mom & Dad

Shana said...

SEXY pic!!! haha, really cute!